Okay, so if any of you were around yesterday (Sunday) you saw my award from Michelle McLean.
I did pass it on. Check here, if you haven't already.
Now... time for the truth to be revealed!
But first, can I just say you guys are great? You crack me up and I wish half of what I said was true. But alas, only two things were true. Are you ready? Okay!
1. During the summer of my Junior year of high school, I would sneak out every night. One night near a golf course, my friends and I came upon a group of college kids drinking around a fire. We threw rocks and I nearly got caught! I hid behind a dirt pile and someone ran on top and looked everywhere but down.
~True!! Yes, I was a bit of a delinquent in my high school years. No excuses for it other than I worked hard and felt I was due some fun. After this night, though, I never snuck out again. And... for the record, I didn't sneak out every single night, so this is partially true. :D
2. As a kid we moved around a lot. I've lived in places like Japan, Netherlands and Germany.
~False. I've never lived outside of the United States. Wish I had!
3. I speak fluent Japanese and have been invited to businesses as a translator. Half the time they wanted me to dress as a Geisha but I drew the line there. That was pretty unprofessional!
~False. Again, it would have been fun, but no, I do not know any other languages. Just a smattering of French and Spanish.
4. As a child, I attended Clown School, where I learned how to juggle, create balloon animals and learned the tips and tricks of makeup. I also performed at a fair and later, I was the clown for the Pizza Hut I worked at for kid's night.
~True! Hehehe! Yes, I went to clown school. I belonged to the 4-H club in the small town I grew up in and clown school was a requirement. My sister did it with me. It was pretty fun.
5. I'm an ex-Monster Truck professional. I used to drive over five cars and jump through hoops of fire. My truck's name was The Destructo-saurus.
~False. Oh, but someday I will go to Race Car Driving school!! I love to drive fast!
6. I've discovered that aliens are real, but no one believes me. However, the United States government keeps close tabs on my movements and sometimes camps out in my yard.
~False. Al, you and my husband both wish this were true. In a way, I do as well. There is no way, in a universe this size, that we are alone.
7. When I went skydiving, I accidentally pushed someone out of the plane without a parachute. I had to jump out fast and catch them and open my chute so they didn't die! I felt horrible.
~False. Wow... I think I would have fainted had I accidentally pushed someone out without a chute.
8. Because of my love for pirates, I actually got cast as an extra crew member in "Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest". I got to meet Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom!! ::Swoons::
~ False. As much as I would LOVE for this to be true. Sadly, it is not. However, I did go to the opening night with my hubby and friends all dressed up as Pirates. We got lots of attention. It was great. :D
So my daughter helped me with these lies. She's got as good an imagination as I do. I'll have to post up her short story she wrote for her English Literature class. Her teacher loved it. She's also a good poet and a songwriter. She's very talented.
Thanks everyone! Have a good week.