Monday, August 23, 2010

Word Count and Award...

You guys are all so silly. But I loves ya all anyway. :D And I seriously love me some awards. But before I go on to the award that Nancy Williams graciously passed on to me, I want to tell you all I have broken the 10,000 word count mark!

Woot!

I am currently sitting at 10,608 and am plugging away madly. Because really, is there any other way to simply plug away? I didn't think so.

So, starting this revision in the middle has proven to be a good move on my part. Again, I need to listen to my instincts more often. Silly instincts were right, go figure.


Okay! So on the very sweet, very pretty award. Nancy Williams sent me the One Lovely Blog Award. I have to pass it on to 8 people. I really do not like having to choose people. BUT... I will. Because I am just that way. So here goes.

1 - Slushpile Slut
2 - Alex Cavanaugh (I know it is all frilly and girly, but change it to a beer if you want and call it "One Manly Blog!"
3 - Roxy at "A Woman's Write"
4 - Amy at Artistically Amy
5 - Chary Johnson at Bronx Tales & Inner Musings
6 - Karen G at Coming Down the Mountain
7 - Deborah at Dragon Wrangler
8 - Ellie at Ella's Edge

I tried to pick people I haven't picked before or who I usually lurk on their blogs. Yes, I am a lurker sometimes. What can I say? So. The only thing you need to do is pass this on to eight other people. Gift it to someone who hasn't had a lot of awards or no awards. I'm limited on time, so I couldn't go check out everyone's blog. I just wanted to give you all the update and pass this on.

Have a great week everyone! And Write On!

5 comments:

N. R. Williams said...

Congratulations on that 10,000 word count. And the award looks awesome on your site too.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Congratulation on your award and also to the people you have passed it on to,

Have a good day,
Yvonne.

Jamie Gibbs said...

Congratulations on reaching the 10k word mark, Mel! I won't lie to you, I'm more than a little jealous, hehe.

Thanks also for doing the guest spot at Mithril Wisdom while I was away. It was much appreciated :D

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thank you, Mel - I accept the frilly beer award!

Mel Chesley said...

Jamie, don't be jealous! I'll just push you til you get there. ;) And I had a blast being a guest blogger. I'll fill in any time you like.
And Alex, I knew you would be comfortable enough with your masculinity to take on such an award. :D