Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Things I Want To Teach...

I swear, there are times when I want to go house to house and teach people with children how to raise them. I'd get thrown in jail, but it would be worth it!

People just don't get it sometimes, but what can you do. I suppose that is why I am enjoying the fact that my children are grown, decent people and my cats are my kids.

I like to pass on knowledge. I should start a whole other blog for that, but I won't. I would rather devote all my time to this one. So if I go off on a tangent, just bear with me. I'll get back around to my writing.

I wish I could teach something in that area, but I am still learning myself. And I have lots to learn. I admit that I know only a fraction of what most people I am connected to know. That is okay, though. I love learning. I love researching history. LOVE researching history. I loved when I had to research my name and era for my SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) character.

If you could teach people something, what would it be?

3 comments:

Larissa said...

As an upcoming budding teacher, I want to teach my students to love reading and writing. And to be able to think for themselves.

Mel Chesley said...

Those are three key things right there. The most important being thinking for themselves! I worked at a Boys and Girls club and when the kids would come over to me and say they were bored, I told them "Only boring people are bored and you certainly are NOT boring." XD They didn't believe me of course.

Jamie Gibbs said...

Oo that's a tough one... I don't think I'd ever have the patience to teach, but one thing I'd love to get into people's heads is that bad vibes breed problems, and bad moods are infectious. I'm painfully optimistic about everything, so negativity annoys me :P