Friday, December 16, 2011

Revealed: What Am I...

Alright! You've had a day to post your comments to my little writing prompt from yesterday. If you didn't get a chance to read it, go ahead and do so now.

If you did read it and left a comment, I'm going to reveal to you what point of view I was writing from.

Ready?

Are you sure?

Okay, okay, I'll stop.

I was writing from the point of view of a glass sitting too close to the edge of a table. How's that for a writing prompt, eh? You guys were awesome with your guesses and practically spot on! Way to go!

Prompts are usually a good way for me to break out of a writing funk. I have a couple of short stories I wrote for the Writing Dot Com "Writer's Cramp" contest. You have to write 1,000 words in a day with the prompt they give you. I had one win and another got awesome reviews. They were so close in proximity of posting, I couldn't be greedy and win both, could I?

Would have been nice, but no. So I took the comments to heart. Lots of people wanted me to expand both stories. So I am working on that and perhaps I can place them all up for you to see. I've hit the 3,000 word mark out of 10,000 on my short, "The Wicked One" and will hopefully have that up soon as well.

Have a great day and see you all tomorrow!

3 comments:

April Plummer said...

I really like prompts too. When I haven't written in awhile, it's nice to break it up and jumpstart my brain.

A glass...aha!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I guessed correctly! Score one for the Ninja.

Mel Chesley said...

I agree, April. And yes, Ninja Captain, you got it!