Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I Missed It...

I totally missed the IWSG last Wednesday... I'm bummed!

I now have a new desk, with a calendar on it so I won't miss again. I guess it isn't a bad thing, I didn't have much to blog about as I have been far too busy to feel any insecurities and feel like boosting up someone else's confidence would have fallen flat.

I'm one of those kind of people that believe everything happens for a reason. Right now, I'm stumped on my short story, "The Wicked One". It really is OK, though. It just isn't meant to be written right now. I've got another story on the back burner and I'm thinking of busting that up into a short story series. I also have revising to do on Book Two: Veritas.

In the meantime, I need to be gearing up for my book release in May. I'm also falling a little flat with my character interviews. I'll get there, it is just going to take some time.

Hopefully the next few weeks will go by quickly and Spring will begin to show as our snow melts and breaks up. Then I have more work and planting a garden to look forward to. That is the one thing about winter in Alaska, everyone works hard so they can play hard in the summer.

Have a great week everyone! I'll hopefully catch you soon.

4 comments:

Angela Brown said...

Only a few shot months and it will be time to welcome your novel into the world to read and enjoy.

How very exciting!

Hart Johnson said...

A calendar definitely helps! I've totally missed things I was supposed to do. I think your attitude is good though--you will get it sorted!

Mel Chesley said...

I know, Angela! I'm so very close!

And yes, Hart, a calendar will help lots these next few months. :D

Ella said...

You can do it!!! I remember those long, winter Alaska. I thought Maine winters were long. Summer also means, not a lot of sleep ;D

You will get there!