Instead of my usual World Building post, I thought I would post a positive note just before the holiday.
I want to make a list of things I'm thankful for. My Thanksgiving Top Ten, if you like. So here goes!
10) My skills as a writer and the ability to weave a tale.
9) That even after injuries and surgeries, I still have the use of my hands to do all the things I do, not just writing.
8) I'm thankful for all of you, my faithful, fun, witty, smart, supportive friends. I don't know how far I would have gone without you!
7) My health. After having dodged the C bullet and all the surgeries I've gone through, I'm still alive. I still have fluid on my brain but I am thankful that it doesn't affect me like it used to.
6) My pets. When I need some comforting or unconditional love and no one
else is around, they are there. And they help me keep my sanity.
5) My family. The love and support they've shown me since I began this
writing journey was surprising and overwhelming. I love them all!
4) My husband. I love that he helps me write these books. I can always
bounce ideas off of him and he offers up his point of view and opinions
3) My kids. I'm so thankful for them being in my life. Even though
sometimes they don't always make the best decisions, I stand behind
their choices and help pick them up when they fall. I wouldn't have it
any other way.
2) I'm thankful to be alive, to live in America even with all of the hardships we as a country are enduring. I have a home, a job and food. There are places worse off than we are and we can't grow as a country without some difficulties.
1) All of the above! I can't think of anything else, this covers it all. I can't state it enough just how thankful I am for all of you and everyone else in my life that helps me walk this path. Thank you all and have a blessed holiday.
What are you thankful for?