Sunday, March 24, 2013

Please Help...

I know it is Sunday. Not a day when people are usually hanging out on the blog-o-sphere, but this is kind of important. I'll be putting up a button on my page and redirecting people to it for awhile.

This is a call for help for my best friend's mom. She's like a mom to me as well. Tonya has been my best friend for over 20 years now. We met in high school and we've been through thick and thin together. We've stuck by each other's side through lots of things from break-ups, divorces, abuse and the loss of a child.

I'm not there to help much, so I am doing what I can.

If you go to this page, you'll read about what happened to Tonya's mom this year. She lost a leg and insurance will only pay for so much. She needs a prosthetic and well, that's one of the things insurance doesn't cover.

If you can help, fantastic. If not, all I ask is that you share this link, pass it around, invite people to help out. These are hard-working people who bend over backwards to help anyone out in their time of need. Well, now it is Tonya's mom who needs the help. They don't like asking for charity, but they are at the end of the road. This is the only option they have left. So please, take some time and help out. It's greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

klahanie said...

Hi Mel,

Consider your posting being shared by me to the various social networks.

I will also share the link. You are a good friend to Tonya and her mother.

In kindness,

Gary

Mel Chesley said...

Thanks Gary, I appreciate that! More than words would ever be able to express. :)