Thursday, April 25, 2013

Very Inspiring Blogger Award...

I'm deeply honored to have been given this award by Kas over at Spunk & Spice. She has a very cool blog, pretty background and when she nominated me for this award, awesome characters. (Thank you Kas!) I love good characters! Hers have me hooked and I look forward to hearing more about them.

Okay, so here's the rules:

~ Display the award logo on your blog post. 

~ Link back to the person who nominated you.  

~ State 7 things about yourself. 

~ Nominate 15 bloggers to the award.  

~ Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back and you can also go comment on their blog.

So there's the award itself. Very shiny! I linked back to Kas, check!

Seven things about me... Hmm...

1. Mint chocolate chip ice cream is my fave.

2. I would love to do "ghost hunting" sometime, but summer in Alaska makes that difficult when it is light outside for so long.

3. I'm about to become a grandma.

4. Once I'm done with this first fantasy trilogy, I'm going to try my hand at paranormal.

5. I'm a crafty kind of person. No, not THAT kind of crafty... well, okay, yes, but I also like to DO crafts.

6. While I like to play lots of games such as World of Warcraft and the like, I can't play all the others for very long because they make me motion sick.

7. But get me on a boat, and I don't get seasick. Go figure, lol!

Okay so there is the seven things about me. But I am going to follow Kas' lead on this. 15 people is a LOT to pass this on to, even though I follow LOTS of blogs. But the people listed below are the most inspiring to me and I don't know what I would do without them:

Alex J. Cavanaugh

Jamie at Mithril Wisdom

Diane at Spunk on a Stick

Hart Johnson at Confessions of a Watery Tart (even though you got it already, you're still inspiring to me!)

Lynda at W.I.P. It

Cheri Chesley at The Other Side of the Mirror (my sister is very inspiring to me)

Donna Hosie at Musings of a Penniless Writer

Allison at Geek Banter

Katie at Creepy Query Girl

Matthew at the QQQE

I'm sure I've forgotten someone. But those are the ones who stand out in my mind the most. 

15 comments:

Jai said...

Congrats on the award. Perfect for V day!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations and thanks, Mel!
There are several games I can't play at because they give me motion sickness.

Mel Chesley said...

Thanks, Jai! And you're welcome, Alex. :D

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Mel.

And CONGRATULATIONS on the grandma news. That is awesome.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thank you, Mel. I'm crafty, too, although I haven't had time to make things in forever.

Mel Chesley said...

You are welcome, ladies! Thanks Donna, I'm excited. And Diane, I work at the local boys and girls club, so I get to do crafts once in a while. It's fun, but I wouldn't have time otherwise, either.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Congrats on your award!! I love mint chocolate chip ice cream too! Yum!!!

Thanks too for passing on the award. I'll see what I can do after the A-Z challenge :)

Tonja Drecker said...

Congrats! We have SO much in common! Wow. Except #3. If my daughter or son does that to me already, I will be one unhappy mommy.

www.tonjadrecker.blogspot.com

Matthew MacNish said...

Thanks so much for the shout out, Mel!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Congrats on the award!!!

Allison said...

Thanks so much, Mel! I've already gotten this award, but I am very honoured that I inspire you!

Allison (Geek Banter)

Mel Chesley said...

Lynda, Matthew and Allison, you're all very welcome! I know a couple people who already got the award, Allison, it's all good!

Thanks Tyrean. :) And T., that's awesome! I love finding other people I have lots in common with.

Creepy Query Girl said...

Congrats and thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Thanks and congrats in equal measure, Mel :)

I'd love to go ghost hunting too, thought I predict I'd get pretty freaded out pretty quickly.

Cheri Chesley said...

Aww, thank you! I'm not going to get started in that whole mutual adoration thing we've got going on, but thank you.

I've been feeling less than inspired lately, and thus, less inspiring, so this was nice to hear. :)