Friday, May 3, 2013

A To Z Reflections...

Wow. What a month! The sad thing is, it made the month go by that much faster and now my daughter is literally days away from having her baby.

But this is for the A to Z reflections post so here goes, folks:

What I liked:

~ I loved meeting new people.
~ Getting new followers.
~ Finding new blogs to read.
~ The support of everyone.

What I didn't like:

~ Finding new blogs to read.

Ha! Yeah, that's about it. It's a love/hate with finding new blogs to read because my time is limited to begin with.

My work schedule is from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. I usually don't get up until 10 a.m. or 11 a.m., depending on how well I slept. I have sleep issues. I get bouts of insomnia, I have anxiety, things like that. So sometimes I just don't sleep well and wake up exhausted.

By the time I get home, it is nearly 7:30, unless I have to go shopping, then maybe 8 or 9 if I am lucky. So I hop on the computer after dinner, spend an hour there until about 10 or 10:30 and then shut down. Now, I'm a night owl and it's hard for me to unwind, so this is my reasoning for getting off the computer early. After that, I watch T.V. I don't fall asleep, usually, until 1 a.m. or sometimes later. So my computer time is not only very limited during the week, so is my writing time. And my blogging time.

This month showed me that, more than anything. Precious little time. I made sure to not take on any extra obligations during April. I focused only on the challenge and tried to get around to some other blogs. I did succeed, but I still don't feel like it was adequate enough. I try to read blogs and comment. Sometimes I just don't comment because I'm trying to read as many as I can.

But I love the A to Z challenge, even if I don't participate. I'll cheer everyone on. But this year, having a theme worked the best for me. And I did have to schedule some of my posts well in advance. There was no way I could have done it without planning ahead. I liked seeing some of the other themes. Donna's Harry Potter theme, loved it!

So who else had a theme that I missed? What did you think of my theme? Should I take that compilation and expand on it for a book on fantasy world building?

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

A theme makes all the difference!
I didn't visit as many new blogs as I wanted. It was all I could do to keep up with my comments and my regulars.

Mel Chesley said...

There were a LOT of people to go see! And you have a lot to do to begin with, Alex. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Mel. That's so sweet.

Having a theme and writing in advance worked wonders for me. Then I tried to visit and follow up to ten blogs a day.

Jai said...

It was a crazy busy month for certain. But now you can rest.

Misha Gerrick said...

I enjoyed your theme. I also had one for each of my two blogs. Just made things a lot easier.

:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you on finding new blogs to read. I love discovering new blogs, but with only so many hours in the day, it's hard to add one more to the reading list.

Congrats on completing the challenge!