Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Missed Again...

When people are running a fever and still show up for work, I don't know whether to smack them or praise them. In this instance, I want to smack them.

Hubby was working with a co-worker for a day who was running a fever. Now, I know times are tough, but when you're contagious, please stay home.

The result of this was hubby getting sick and me fighting it off. Slightly unsuccessfully. I managed to not get as sick as hubby was. But where we're staying, no one else can get sick without serious consequence. We spent a few days in "quarantine" and hopefully it worked. We sprayed Lysol everywhere, used masks, you name it.

But again, if you're contagious, stay home! You risk getting other people sick who can't afford it either.

So anyway, I've been offline a couple days and will be back, yet again with stuff. Misha Gericke will be guest posting here on Friday, so be sure to keep an eye out for it!

I hope you are all having a fabulous week.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I agree - stay home! Sorry you both got sick.

dolorah said...

When I finally do get sick, everyone in the office is also sick. Someone has to come in, and that's usually me :(

Hope you are all feeling better.

.....dhole

Anonymous said...

YES!

Our office was wiped out a couple of months ago because people who were clearly ill were coming in to work. Worst affected were those with auto immune conditions who had to take weeks off. They don't have the sick leave because they've used it.

Hope you're feeling better.

Mel Chesley said...

I don't ever go to work if I know I'm contagious. I even got fired for insubordination while working in the food service. I had a fever, and they still wanted me to come in to work. I said no, got fired. Oh well, there were obviously other jobs out there. xD