Monday, September 22, 2014

Flash Fiction Monday...

So I had a streak of creativeness last week and then it filtered out. I got the Change-Of-Seasons-Sniffles, so I wasn't feeling well.

I posted on Facebook that I was trying to find some inspiration and a friend of mine gave me a writing prompt. The goal was 500 words, but again, typing on my phone was more irritating than anything, but the prompt wouldn't leave me:  

"Man wakes up in a well. He is nekkid.. it is raining. 500 words .. go"

So here it is:

Rain dripped down his nose as he lay curled at the bottom of the well. After a moment, it felt as if his body was being pierced by sharp, tiny needles. His eyes fluttered open, reacting in response to the droplets falling on his face. He felt, more than saw, that he was naked and the needles were actually freezing raindrops. He gingerly felt the large lump at the base of his skull. Well, the pain was good, it indicated he was alive and boy, would she be surprised when, and if, he showed up in the morning at the altar. First, he had to get out of this well.

I love how prompts conjure up strong images!

Have a good Monday, everyone! 

No comments: