Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Checking In...

First, a shout out to all who are participating in the A-Z challenge. Woohoo!! Keep up the good work!

Second, my book, "Adversarius" is free on Smashwords until book two comes out. I'm trying to give myself a swift kick in the rear to get it done. Very close, but have hit a couple bumps in the road.

I'm very proud of my daughter, at the moment. She's been working her butt off these past couple weeks. She's working part-time and going to school to become a CNA. Something I would have difficulty doing, so kudos to her for sticking to it!

I've been watching the grandkidlet while mom goes to school. It's been a long time since I've had to occupy the time of a toddler. Challenging and fun at the same time. But, it sort of interferes with writing. But these are the sacrifices I'm willing to make.

The other thing interfering with writing is just all out blockage. I'm stumped on a part of the story, and having to re-write another part. I'm frustrated, so it affects the process. Then I get all these other ideas for stories and I'm a bit unwilling to work on them, knowing people are waiting for book two in my series. But, I figure, might as well shift gears until I work out the problems in book two.

I hope you all are having a good week! Keep up the good work on the A-Z Challenge, you're almost done!

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good luck with the writing and kid wrangling.

Anonymous said...

All the best Melissa. A to Z is proving a challenge my end, but then there are some great bloggers out there keeping me distracted - headed by a Ninja Captain.