Thursday, October 5, 2017

That Thing Called Life

Wow, was totally trying to get back into the swing of things and life had other plans. Isn't that always the case?

Here I was, silly me, thinking I would be back to blogging and maybe have more to share about the project I'm working on, but Life stepped in, hit me with a whammy and BOOM! I got sick.

For those who remember: This is a Whammy from the game show Press Your Luck!

Blah.

That's okay. Feeling much better. I do want to share something with any of you who are on Facebook.

I'm donating my birthday to the American Foundation For Suicide Prevention. I'm raising funds through the whole month of October, so if you can donate, I'd really appreciate it.

I've been there, you know, at that edge. I never want to go back. It's a very dark place. And helping people is kind of what I like to do. I've done it my whole life without ever really realizing it. It brings me joy.

So here is the link if you'd be willing. And maybe share my post as well.

Hope you all have had a great week! I'll be talking to you soon!

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's great you are giving back. You should partner with Robyn at Life By Chocolate. She does fundraisers and marches every year. (She lost a family member to suicide.)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

WOOHOO! So glad to connect thanks to the amazing Alex. Yes, I chaired our local Out of the Darkness (for Suicide Prevention) and also donating birthday funds to the cause in past years. Our upcoming annual event is next Saturday.

I lost my brother to mental illness and suicide in the late 1980s. Back then, NOBODY talked. Thank goodness, we're breaking the silence. It takes courage. I've written a lot about suicide, mental illness, and my struggles with chronic depression.

Anyway, my dear new friend, YOU AREN'T ALONE. I applaud your courage. Stay connected. It saved my emotional life and maybe even my physical being (time and again) - to reach out and be cared for by those who understand.

Sorry for the ramblings.
All the best, and I look forward to getting to know each other.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

PS Thanks for your generosity too. You're making a meaningful difference.

Mel Chesley said...

Thank you so much for being here, Robyn! And yes, the silence must be broken, this can no longer be ignored or swept under the carpet.