Thursday, August 30, 2018

5 Books That Left A Mark, Part Three...

I'm back again! Trying to keep a good pace going with the blogs. That's why I chose to do a Top 5 list and just sort of stretch it out.

Hope you all have had a good week so far! Let's get to the list!

Book Title: Elf Quest



Author: Wendy and Richard Pini

Why it left a lasting impression on me:

Oh my, where to start? I got into these books in high school. I think my Freshman year. I had just moved to a new district and was the "new girl". I didn't know anyone and all of these people had known each other since grade school. It never takes me long to make friends, but still. I didn't talk much, I didn't interact with people all that well. My parents were divorced, I was the youngest of four kids, but practically raised as an only child. You get it, right?

I met a girl named Melissa, too. We hit it off right away and she's the one who introduced me to Elf Quest. After meeting her, I met a lot more people and after reading Elf Quest, I sort of felt like I had found my clan. Melissa wrote fan fiction of Elf Quest and a few other things, as well, but it was kind of a kick when she brought me into it. She gave me a character, and we bounced ideas off each other all the time. I think that is when the writing bug really hit me, but I went the direction of drawing and working on art more than anything. It was something that stuck with me for so long, and we're still friends to this day.

The story of Elf Quest was just as amazing as the art work. I'd spend hours just looking at the pictures after reading one of the graphic novels. I even used a picture of Cutter that I drew in my portfolio to get into art school. It was one of the main reasons I wanted to become a graphic designer. It still sticks with me now.

So tell me about a book that has left a lasting impression upon you!

No comments: