Monday, December 20, 2021

Motivation Monday...

 It's Monday and we all need motivation to get through the week once in a while. I need to be motivated.

It's the Monday before Christmas and I do want to wish you all a happy holiday! I know many who are either alone or don't celebrate, and that's quite all right. But be safe, because of those who do celebrate. A bit too much.

Okay, motivate, motivate...

Something my sister-in-law, aka my bestest friend in the whole wide world, told me when we were both overwhelmed.

How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time.

No, I'm not eating a real elephant.

However, I do have to look at the big picture of things, all the projects I have going on and just take things a little bit at a time. It's not a race, not a competition. Mainly it's writing, doing crafts and making sure my house is clean.

I try to figure out what I'm in the mood for, for the day, then I attempt to break things down into manageable chunks. Take about an hour to work on a craft. If I feel like continuing, I do.

Take some time to write, either X amount of words or set a timer. I like to set a timer more than designate a word count goal. Sometimes a word count goal freaks me out if it isn't for NaNoWriMo. I don't know why, lol!

My housecleaning is viewed in the same capacity. I have two bathrooms to clean, so one day, it's sinks, next is toilets. Then just keep doing what I need to do until it is done. Laundry, a load a day if needed. Things of that nature.

So, if you're feeling overwhelmed, just stop, take a deep breath and take one bite at a time. You'll get there if the pace is slow and steady or fast and crazy.

Good luck!

How do you manage time? What motivates you to keep going? Leave your answers in the comments below!

No comments: