Saturday, April 3, 2010

C is for Cookie...

"C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me!" And that is the Cookie Monster song, not a college kid calling home to mom.

C is also for Companion, College, oh! Caledonia... me! Hehe.

Creativity is my favorite as is Character Creation. Woohoo! I love, love, LOVE creating characters. I have a three ring binder on my shelf for writing stuff and have a whole section with names in case I can't pull one off the top of my head. I'm good at that. I come up with some cool names, too. But I absolutely love creating the characters.

I can drop and give you twenty diverse characters AND role play them to boot and you'd never know it was me. Okay, yes, I'm bragging. I can't help it. It's like a weird sort of multiple personality thing going on. Frightening, but so is my ability to remember numbers quickly. I wonder if I have sort of a photographic memory? Doubtful but fun to think about. :D

So those names... I have Dwarven, Elven, Greek, Roman, Gaelic, Sprites, Gnomes! Yes, I have lots of fantasy names mixed in with conventional ones. I play World of Warcraft. I have a mage named Ifeteri (Pronounced If uh tear ee), a shaman named Xioxang (I pronounce it sha ow shang) and a little gnome named Punbur (Pun burr). I know, I know... GEEK! I admit to it freely.

Oh, and C is also for the band Cake, which I absolutely adore. :D

10 comments:

Wanda said...

Cookies, cakes, and characters...got to love it. You cooked up a good c-post.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A mouth watering "C" challenge, excellently written, looking forward to D on Monday.

Yvonne.

Unknown said...

Love those Cs. I wish I had a stack of notebooks with those things ready at hand. I find that when I'm writing, I often have to stop and find a name or something at that moment, and it slows me down.

Talli Roland said...

CAKE! Oh how I love me some cake! :) Hope you're having a great weekend!

B. Miller said...

CAKE is WONDERFUL!! I love 'em!

I also love character creation. Not only in stories but in RPG's as well. And I'm like you, I can come up with twenty right off the top of my head and play every single one. It comes from learning to fabricate an NPC in ten seconds flat for your players to interact with... ;)

Mel Chesley said...

Thanks for the comments. I'm liking this challenge.
@Mary - that's why I created the binder, so I wouldn't get slowed down when I needed a name. Otherwise I spend too much time looking for a cool one.

@B. - Yes! I knew you would understand. I used to try and do the different voices for the NPC's as well. People got a kick out of them.

I hope you all are having a good weekend as well! I'm off to go read and comment on your posts. :D

Unknown said...

I love coming up with character names too. My cousin (who isn't a writer but a photographer, so very creative) and I text each other every time one of us comes up with a cool name for a character. My cell phone notepad is full of them!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a wonderful comment!

Unknown said...

Excellent C's!!! You had a boat load of them!!!

Annette Lyon said...

You have a great imagination!

And now I want some cake.

Mel Chesley said...

Hehe! Thank you Annette, that means the world to me. And it's funny, I made a CD called Cake Mix... people ask my why I put a recipe on a CD. :D