Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Worse Off Wednesday...


I'm enjoying this meme. The blog I got it from (I really need to remember who I got this from so I can link...) (I got it! The Book Buff! See, I guess I am not a total idiot, then...) had Severus Snape last week and I almost kept in line with the Harry Potter theme, but went with Frodo instead. But I just got done watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One for like... the umpteenth time, so I am going to go with Harry Potter himself.

I find myself saying, "Poor Harry" so often I might as well make a recording. I am looking forward to the final movie and know what happens, but still.... Poor Harry.

Orphaned, given to family who wants nothing to do with him. MUGGLES on top of it all! At least Dudders learned to respect Harry even if he was unsure why.

Harry's only hope of peace and as normal a life as he will ever know is to be sent off to Hogwart's. Ron and Hermione are the best friends he could ever have, but people look at him like he's grown a second head on his shoulders. All because he never knew he was "famous". And then to have his teen years, the best years of his life, full of stress and heartache as he battles Voldemort.

How would you feel if you had to fight for your life almost every single day because people are trying to kill you? Gah! Horrible.

So yes, I should hope I am not worse off than Harry Potter.

8 comments:

Jennie Bennett said...

Ha ha, Yes! I say the same thing, you would think I'm not capable of saying anything else if you ever saw me watching this movie.
P.S. I would like to guest post but I have no idea what to write about :\

Emily White said...

That's true, but Harry also had people who loved and cherished him. I think it's harder to face stuff (especially stuff like a bunch of crazies trying to kill you) when you think you're alone. That's what I loved most about the end of the last book; he wasn't alone.

Karen V. Wasylowski said...

Lovely post. Just followed you.

Mel Chesley said...

I agree Emily. He did have the love and support of just about every person fighting the same good fight. I so can't wait to see the last one! :D

Kate the Book Buff said...

Agreed I don't have it worse off than Harry! Thanks for participating in this meme :) I'm glad you like it!

-Kate the Book Buff
http://www.thebookbuff.blogspot.com

Mel Chesley said...

I am enjoying it! So sorry I forgot where it started... lol! But yes, I look forward to this meme now. Gives me a chance to focus on what I have. Hehe!

Wendy@FabNouveau said...

I adore Happry Potter and so does my son. I got a rental of this last one a few weeks ago but never even got a change to see it before we had to give it back. My son had rave reviews. I look forward to it and the last last one.

Mel Chesley said...

Awww! It is really good and that is all I am going to say! lol! I bought it as soon as it came out. You know, we've seen every single movie in the theater. How big of a nerd am I? hehe