Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Favorites, Fantasy Art & A Funny...

Wheee! It's Friday again! My work Christmas party is tomorrow. Should be fun. Doubt it will be the kind of raucous affair you see in movies, lol!

Anyway, on to the topic of Friday!

Favorite books/authors: K. C. May has remained in my mind as a favorite. I'm beginning to like Joseph Lallo as well as a shameless plug for my friend Carol Marrs Phipps. What can I say? I'm a sucker for Fantasy.

Favorite movie: This is an oldie but a goodie! Well, old for me anyway. When I listed my top 10 favorite movie quotes, it reminded me of it. Near Dark. One of the funny, campy things about the movie is how the vampires are a bunch of cowboy-like misfits. Okay, well vampires are misfits anyway... lol! But these guys are just... well can't explain it very well. Have to see the movie.

Favorite music: I'm going to go with the Pogues and add to it, Flogging Molly as well as The Tossers. I love the music! Rowdy, fun, Irish!

Fantasy art:



And the funny:


Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Near Dark is so underrated! Best vampire movie that never uses the word vampire.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I don't really have any favorite vampire movies. I know I've never seen "Near Dark". If it comes on television, I shall check it out.

Angela Brown said...

Wow. A moment of silence for the fantasy art.

And I haven't seen Near Dark either. Will have to Netflix it.

Cursed Armada said...

Really like that art;)

Mel Chesley said...

Near Dark has to be the best B movie out there. And you're right, Alex. They don't ever mention that they are vampires.

Cursed Armada said...

Thanks for following Lass! ;)

Carol Phipps said...

Hi Mel, glad to see you back on the net doing your thing...and you do it so well. I only wish i could put together a really cool blog like you do...

I haven't seen Near Dark, but it sounds like something I should check out.

Love the artwork...and oh the cats are just it...


I'll drop you an email soon...

Carol

Ciara said...

I've never seen Near Dark. I'm going to check it out. Thanks!