Wednesday, December 14, 2011

One Of Those Days...

I'm sitting here watching Twitter scroll on by and put up a Tweet myself.

"What to blog about... What to blog about..."

I get a response from Tahlia Newland: "Blog about not knowing what to blog about. Staring at the blank page, etc."

Good idea! There are days I just don't know what to blog about. I will scan through the other blogs and most times an idea will trigger or I will expand (hijack) someones topic.

There are days when I am on a roll and can blog several different things and then schedule them in advance.

However, yesterday was a bit of an emotional strain. Today, I'm tired and drained. My daughter was driving to school, hit black ice and went off the road. She is fine, banged up, bruised and shook up, but fine. She wasn't wearing her seat belt. After a look at the scene, she's lucky to be alive.

She'll be spending the next few days with us. Then we need to determine what to do about her car.

So yeah, today is an off day for me. I can't conjure up much to blog about but feel the need to blog.

What triggers non-blogging days for you? Do you force through it or do you just wait until something inspires you to post?

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry to hear about your daughter! Thank God she's all right.
Non-blogging moments? When I don't know what to say? What on earth is that? I'm always on overload!

Mel Chesley said...

Thbbbtttt! :P

Patsy said...

Hi, just popped in from IWSG.

Currently I'm doing an advent thing about writing competitions and the rest of the time I regularly post links to free to enter writing contests, so everytime I find one, I have a subject to blog about. This means I manage to update my blog most days.

April Plummer said...

I'm so glad your daughter's okay! That is so stressful, I'm sure. Haven't been there from a mother's POV - yet. But have been from the daughter's!

When I'm drawing a complete blank, I browse the blogs I'm following and hope for inspiration. If that doesn't work, I may do a book review or something. Or..nothing at all.

I've never blogged about having nothing to blog about! maybe I'll try it next time!