Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Book Review: Chain of Command by Colby Marshall

Title: Chain of Command

Author: Colby Marshall

Publisher: Stairway Press

Pages: 312 (Print), File size: 708 kb

ISBN (10): 098490705X ASIN: B00ALM5BFG

Purchase: Amazon & Barnes & Noble



Summary (from Amazon):

The road to the Oval Office is paved in blood...the simultaneous assassinations of the President and Vice President catapults the Speaker of the House into the White House as the first female President of the United States. Evidence points to a former Navy SEAL as one of the assassins. Young journalist McKenzie McClendon must unravel a dangerous web of lies in a search for the truth.

My thoughts:

What can I say? This book was one hell of a ride! I mean, from the first page to the last, this book kept right on rolling with action.

McKenzie is a sharp girl with an even sharper wit. She's got the guts to take on finding the truth in this story. She's a strong character.

Noah is a strong character as well. His presence in the book is just as commanding as McKenzie's. The two of them together made a huge impression on me.

I seriously could not put this book down. Usually, when I try to find a good place to stop so I can pick the book up later, it's not a problem. But I couldn't find a good spot to put this book DOWN! That's rare for me these days.

So if you want to read an awesome thriller with lots of twists that will keep you guessing from cover to cover, pick this book up!

I rate this book: 5 out of 5 skull and crossbones

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I know hat author! Colb will be pleased with your review.

Mel Chesley said...

This was an awesome book! Couldn't put it down.

klahanie said...

Hey Mel,

What an encouraging review. Very good of you to bring further awareness of Colby's book. I note 5 out 5 skull and crossbones. That sounds Jolly, Roger :)

Take care, Mel.

Gary

Trisha said...

Very cool - sounds like a great, action-packed read!

Unknown said...

Thriller novels aren't my usual cup of tea (needs more wizards) but I'm a sucker for a book that quickens the blood :)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I love fast paced twisty thrillers, especially ones with strong female characters. I'll have to check this one out.