Sunday, May 19, 2013

Feeling Blessed...

Kind of late in the evening for me to post, but I'm in such a state of bliss right now.

I have to share, brag, whatever you want to call it. I'm very, very proud of my kids right now. I've had the most amazing weekend of my entire life, so far.

On Saturday, my daughter gave birth to a sweet baby girl, Ally Love. She was 8 pounds 6 ounces and twenty and a half inches long.

My granddaughter!
She was born late afternoon. We came home, happy and exhausted. My daughter lives about 2 hours away, so we have to wait until next weekend to go see her again.

Then earlier this evening, my son graduated from High School. The school he went to is small. A charter school. Both of my kids graduated from there and did very well. They helped my kids so much!






We were running late, but they didn't start without us. They were worried we weren't going to make it, but we did! It was too important an event to miss, just as much as the birth of that baby up there.

So right now, I am sitting here, reflecting. Even with all the mistakes I have made, the trials and errors, the ups and downs, I have two dedicated, hard working kids striking out into the world and making a life for themselves.

I may be a writer, supposed to be succinct and eloquent, but all I can think of right now is just how happy I am.

Bliss.

There is still a lot to do, things to prepare for and attend to, but these two major hurdles have been cleared and so far, it looks like a smooth road ahead.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I'll see you all tomorrow.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you and yours, Mel! Glad to hear everything went well too. Congrats to your son too; it's awesome you had double the good news in a single weekend :)

Now go rest; you've been busy!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations to both your son and daughter! You've had an emotionally exhausting weekend, Mel.

Mel Chesley said...

Thank you Alex and Jamie! It was emotionally exhausting, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

SHE ARRIVED!!!

Congratuations to all. What a beauty.

Annalisa Crawford said...

Congratulations. She looks adorable.