Monday, May 27, 2013

My Ask Me Anything Answer Day...

I had a blast with my Ask Me Anything project! I want to thank everyone who asked me a question and participated. I got a couple new followers on Twitter, did some promos for people and basically just had some fun. I think I'll spend some quality time on Twitter from now on.  Anyway, I wanted to share all the questions and answers with you here. I know lots of people don't do Twitter, it's all good.


Q: How does it feel to be a grandmother?

A: I don't think it's quite sunk in, but I'm so happy I could burst!

Q: Has the baby inspired any writing?

A: No, not really. I am just basking in her cuteness.

Q: What do you do to get into the 'writing zone'? Do you have a special setup, certain time of day, any pre-writing requirements (must have mug of coffee etc.)?

A: A: I don't have a 'start' routine. Even if I am not 'in the mood', I just start writing and before too long, my muse takes over. Used to be soda, but don't need much of anything to get going.

Q: Do you have a summer project lined up?

A: A: Not really, my main priority right now is to get book two revised and edited. But I did just have a cool idea for a story recently.

Q: Do you put any special thought into things like the first words or last words in a book?

A: I never used to, but with book two and three, oh yeah, I am totally planning that!

Q: What topics have you researched for your stories?

A: Mostly medieval history. The time of the Middle Ages, armor, weapons, hierarchies.

Q: What do you think makes your style unique?

A:  I try to write my stories as if you are part of a Dungeons and Dragons campaign. If you're a gamer, you know what I mean! I try to pull you in and make that movie in your head begin so you don't want to put down the book.

Q:  What was your greatest inspiration and motivation to write 'Adversarius'?

A: The fact that I had a story I wanted to share with people, that was the biggest motivation/inspiration. Something I knew people would like, if they like fantasy. I was more motivated after being compared to Tolkien. Even if I didn't see it, someone else did and that inspired me to no end!

Q: If you couldn't write, what would you do?

A: I think I'd end up in a padded cell. The voices in my head wouldn't leave me alone! Either that or I'd just sit and drool.

Q: What is your favorite writing place?

A: I write at my desk, but usually it's late at night when everyone is asleep and no one can bother me!

6 comments:

Mel Chesley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy Theriault said...

i think mine made it in there!! sweet! and congrats on the grandma status again! your profile pic dubs you a hot grandma! haha..

Mel Chesley said...

Ha! Thanks. :D I had a blast, more questions than I expected!

Unknown said...

Great answers, Mel!

I'm envious that you can just sit and let the words flow; usually I can't do anything unless I've a mug of coffee and some Iron Maiden playing on the laptop!

Charmaine Clancy said...

You had me at Dungeons and Dragons. I must acquire this book, I roll 14 and have +2 for awesome shopping, is this enough?

Mel Chesley said...

Your skill exceeds all expectations, Charmaine! Book acquired!