Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Who Wants More Followers?...

It could be for your blog, your Twitter or even your FaceBook 'Like' page. Doesn't matter. I'd like to host an event here for anyone interested.

Next Monday, June 3rd, (my mom's b-day!) I'll have a Linky sign-up. We'll take a week to get everyone signed up who wants to be a part of this event. So help me spread the word, please! I know you will, because you're all awesome that way.

Then, on June 10th (that's a Monday) here is what your blog post will need to include:

 * Any and ALL links where you want the followers. Create links to make it easy for people to follow you.

For example, I want people to 'Like' my Facebook author page, my book page and my Smashwords page. So I'll make sure I have links for all of that. PLUS, I would like more followers on my Twitter, so I'll link to that in the body of the blog post.

 * Share the Linky link in the blog post, so that everyone can visit everyone else involved. (Make sure to try and follow as many people on the list.)

This is important! If you want people to follow you, you'll have to reciprocate. Don't be a selfish noob! I know there are some people out there who won't be interested in my fantasy book or posts relating to it, such as the ones where I post tips about world building. But I do book reviews and I also try to help promote my fellow authors, so even if you don't read or comment on every single post, I'm cool with that. I can honestly say, with me, that'll be a two way street! I won't like everything you have to say, either.

What? I'm being honest!

And last but not least:

 * YOU MUST have a FOLLOW BUTTON in a highly visible place on your BLOG!!!! Don't make people search for it. It can be the Blogger button, the Google Reader button or even the BlogLovin' or whatever kind of BUTTON. But you MUST have it. Seriously. And, it would be nice if you would turn off word verification for the day. (If not forever, which, would be epic... Just sayin')

Oooh, maybe I'll even make a banner. I'm getting a little better with GIMP.

So there you go. We'll spend a week building up our follow list with Linky and then we'll spend the day following everyone. What do you say? Are you in? Do you want/need/CRAVE followers? Well then, hop on, man! (Erm, woman... not trying to be gender-biased here!)

17 comments:

Cursed Armada said...

I've never participated in a hop before, so this should be cool!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Selfish noob! Funny.
Goodreads would be my key area.

Jai said...

This sounds like fun.

Unknown said...

I'm in 2 minds about bringing my Facebook Page back, though I'm not sure if Facebook is the right platform for me...

Charity Bradford said...

Don't let me forget!! I don't mean to be a selfish noob, I'm just a forgetful one.

Mel Chesley said...

@ Cursed Armada ~ Hops can be fun. You meet lots of new, cool people!

@ Alex ~ I was thinking Goodreads as well. I need to get better acquainted with it.

@ Jai ~ Sweet! Glad you're on board.

@ Jamie ~ With your reviews, I would think Goodreads would be better. I dunno.

@ Charity ~ I won't let you forget! Promise. :)

Allison said...

I wouldn't mind more followers, but I feel guilty because I don't have the time to follow a lot of people back!

Allison (Geek Banter)

Mel Chesley said...

It is a bit of a dilemma for some, I agree. :)

saniya said...

Sounds cool. A question. Is the post supposed to be only about links? If I just want followers for the blog itself do I still need to do a post?

Mel Chesley said...

Hi Sania! Yes, you'd still need to do a little post. Anything you want, but let people know it's your blog you'd like to have them follow. Make sure you've got a link visible for visitors to just click. I'll be posting some more details on Monday. This is a very good question, thank you!

Loralie Hall said...

Awesome, awesome idea! I always love finding new people to follow (and of course, I wouldn't mind them finding me at the same time ^_^)

Mel Chesley said...

Same here, I love finding new people. :D

Unknown said...

Hey, I have a blog about writing; I only have about seven posts but I'm going to make it biggar....and BETTAR!

Good luck!

Laura Farag said...

Noob here.. about to sign up and also follow your blog (of course). Please bear with me whilst I try and understand a blog hop... I'm usually so competent... honest! xxx

Mel Chesley said...

Hey Nails! I'll be giving details out on Monday the 3rd. But basically you'll sign up, grab the code for that Linky list and add it your blog post as well. Then, on the 10th, take some time to see who drops by and leaves a comment that they're following you and follow them in return. The best way to gain followers is to reciprocate. :)

Crystal Collier said...

Awesome! Now the question is, where do I want people following. Hm. *scratching head*

The Wise Serpent said...

I've got my linky link up and running! I'm also happy to return follow on twitter (@TheWiseSerpent) and facebook!

http://thewiseserpent.blogspot.com/