Monday, June 21, 2010

Oh, The Possibilities...

So continuing on with these writing prompts, this next one is a doozy.

What would you do if you knew you wouldn't fail?

I have to give this one some serious thought...

Pshaw! Not really. I'd write! I'd write and get published and then so many other possibilities would then be opened to me.

I'm a generous person. If I have an over abundance of anything, I share. Okay, maybe not the chocolate. I said NOT the chocolate...eh, who am I kidding, I'd share!

One of the other writing prompts that I passed up said, "What do you desire?" I couldn't honestly come up with an answer other than just being secure. I don't mean that I have a ton of insecurities... I do have a couple. However, being secure in the knowledge that my future will not be as difficult as my past would be my biggest desire.

I am one of those super, easy to please kind of people. My desires are few and my ideas are many. So in keeping with the writing prompt, if I were to do anything knowing I would not fail, it would be writing so I could publish, be successful at it and then I would give, give, give. That also happens to be a desire of mine.

So what would you do if you knew you wouldn't fail?

7 comments:

Emily White said...

Conquer the world.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Mel, you have a very genuine and caring spirit! Go ahead and write like you can't fail - because you won't.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

As Alex says You can't fail, and you won't.
Good luck
Yvonne.

Jamie Gibbs said...

Hmm that's a tough one. If I knew I wouldn't fail I'd probably do something nuts like base jump or skydive, something where failure would mean kersplat :P I'd definitely go for something incredibly risky, something that has a low chance of success(I'm guessing this not failing thing has a single use).

Otherwise I'd do the same as you, Mel. Just keep writing and get published and reap the rewards from that. However, I do feel that the biggest rewards come from struggle, so I'd still have to feel like I'd somehow earned it afterwards.

Beth Zimmerman said...

I think maybe I would join you and write! Another interesting question you have raised here, my dear friend! Keeping me thinking you are!

Emily White said...

Ooh! Ooh! I came up with another one!

I'd play the mega millions lottery. Seriously. If you can't fail, why not?

Mel Chesley said...

Aww shucks, you guys. :D Thanks!

Jamie, I would think it would be a one shot deal. I didn't think of doing something super risky, like long boarding down the hill by my house. Ooh!

And Emily! There's imagination for you. Play the lottery.

Beth, I'm here to make you think outside the box, I hope I am successful. ;)

Have a great week everyone!