Friday, June 17, 2011

Leaps And Bounds...


Wow. My followers are growing by leaps and bounds! I never woulda thunk it. ;) I bet I just gave dozens of writers out there an aneurysm with that last statement. Hehe! Well then my work here is done.

Just kidding!

I've just been sitting here, reflecting on some major steps I have taken this past week or two. I've put out a call for Beta Readers and have actually sent out my book(s). Why the '(s)'? Because I have written over 80,000 words of a trilogy that is going to be about 100,000+ words. I know, I've sent out a MS that isn't even finished. But here's the thing. I need to know a good place to end the first book! Then I will concentrate on that before moving on to the next one. In the meantime, I'm working on finishing said book(s).

But imagine that. Me. I sent it out to total strangers. I am doing my super best not to panic. And doing a pretty darn good job of it. I'm also a little in a bit of a writing glow as I have also been working on a short to send to Realms of Fantasy Magazine. I can't wait to polish it up! Funny how I think of all sorts of cool things when I am not really thinking about them at all.

Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with myself. And no, I'm not egotistical. I'm just... wow. Moving forward and growing as a writer. How cool is that?

4 comments:

Creepy Query Girl said...

very cool! I have trouble with endings too. I actually started stalling on my current wip because I'm just not sure which direction this should take:)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

No panic! If you've chosen wisely, your critique partners will only help you to be a better writer.

Julie Dao said...

VERY COOL! Congrats on growing as a writer :) I'm still a little scared about posting my writing online. I think it's going to be terrifying when I actually start querying! But you know what, taking the risk is what makes it all worth it. Good luck with your submission(s)! And it's nice to "meet" you - I'll definitely come along on the journey! :)

Mel Chesley said...

I'm slowly starting to get a little more fearless in this aspect. I don't want to be 80 and published for the first time. (No offense to those who ARE 80 and published for the first time... lol)
But yeah, I figure I gotta stop just dipping my toe in and telling people "I'm working on it" when I am just goofing around more than anything.