Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Woohoo! I'm Home...
Well, I made it! Woot! I'm home, back on my own computer and able to do lots more than I could on my mom's computer.
First of all, 3 (three) ladies all nominated me for a blog award like right after I went on vacation! Three!!
They were: Larissa over at "A Three Way Tie", Michelle K. Canada over at "Another Look Book Reviews" and Andrea over at "Andrea's For the Reading".
All three of these ladies are very sweet and wonderful to bestow this blog award on me. And, as per the rules, I must share 7 things about myself as well as pass this on to 15 other bloggers! Now, I won't do that for EACH award, but I will combine them. I will have to make tough choices for the other bloggers, but I think I can do it. So here we go with the 7 random things about Mel.
1) I failed English every year in High School. But I write. Heh.
2) I never read J. R. R. Tolkien until the movies for Lord of the Rings came out. Then I devoured everything I found. Same for C. S. Lewis. (And I call myself a fantasy author!)
3) I'm a romantic at heart, but can't do romance books or even movies for that matter. I do watch the occasional chick flick but mostly action/thriller/mystery.
4) I've been married 3 times (!) and my current husband and I have been together for 10 years and still going strong!
5) I have technically been published already.
6) I LOVE pirates. I must have been one in a past life!
7) I'm also half Scotch-Irish and half Dutch. My family on the Dutch side have traced our lineage back to the 1600's of Netherlands and I've sort of traced my Scotch-Irish side back to King William of Scotland.
Okay so now I have to pass this on to 15 bloggers. 15...really? Okay, well here goes! (If I repeat some from the last award I gave away... sorry! I can't keep up with all this, lol!)
1) Jen over at A Book, A Girl, A Journey
2) Maria at A Night's Dream of Books
3) Alex (OMG I love Alex...) at Alex J. Cavanaugh
4) Jamie (I love Jamie too!) at Mithril Wisdom
5) Hart over at Confessions of a Watery Tart (Love it. "Help, help I'm being oppressed!")
6) CQG a.k.a. Creepy Query Girl
7) Howard at Dark Bits
8) Tahereh at Grab a Pen
9) Kimberly Sue at Historical Fiction Obsession (Love me some historical fiction!)
10) Mary at M. P. McDonald Has the Write Stuff
11) Westrina at Ramblings of a Teenage Novelist
12) Elizabeth Mueller at Author Elizabeth Mueller
13) Tabitha at Writer Musings
14) Talli Roland
15) Cheri Chesley at From the Other Side of the Mirror
That's it. I'm sure I may have repeated some, but these are some of the best blogs I follow. I love everyone's blogs, I don't always comment but I love being involved in this community we have here. Everyone have an awesome rest of the week!
Posted by Mel Chesley at 7:00 PM