Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Worse Off Wednesday...

I'm beginning to enjoy this meme, but have to think of a few characters in advance from now on. I have a couple of ideas this time around for my WoW subjects, but I will save the others for future posts, of course.

So who did I choose this week? One of my own characters ~ Alabassin Li'endrin. (Al uh bass in Lee ehn drin)

Born into one of the most notorious families in my world of Eir du'Brusai, Alabassin is an only child. His father, never one to focus on others and more on himself, made sure his only and eldest son remained an only child. Alabassin's mother had been forced to marry his father, to create a treaty with a nuetral kingdom. When she became pregnant with other children, he made sure they never drew a breath.

Later in Alabassin's life, the young prince met and fell in love with the princess from their neighboring rivals. He made the decision to keep their engagement a secret, only to discover she had gone overboard during a battle with Pyrates. He was led to believe she was dead. Then his father sort of goes a little nuts and Alabassin leaves his inheritance behind.

If I tell you any more, I'll give too much away. I don't want to do a spoiler. But the things Alabassin has to go through, even having his own father attempt to murder him, losing the love of his life and having his mother killed so she won't produce any more offspring... that tends to leave its marks. So there is my Worse Off Wednesday. Poor Alabassin.

No comments: