Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ain't That The Truth...

My friend Gene shared this pic on FaceBook specifically for me:She hit the nail on the head with this one!

I've been sick this week. Missed two days of work I really needed. Would have helped with the mound of bills we've got these days, but it's not like I got sick on purpose. But it also took away from anything else I could have been doing such as writing, blogging, cleaning the house.

I slept for practically two of the three days I was off of work. The third day was scheduled off. So there's the truth of it, I wanted a three day mini break! Yeah... I so wish it was for that. I hate being sick to my stomach. Like my mom says, it takes an act of God or congress to make me throw up.

But, aside from a headache, I am doing better. Still a little queasy, but craving salt and vinegar chips like nobody's business.

Writing is still slow going. I did get a little over 400 words typed out on my short story series, but that was mostly to get the damn information out of my head so I could sleep. I'll work on it, I promise!

I'm getting a washer and dryer... woohoo! So that helps on my days off not having to travel to the laundromat. But my house will soon be filled with maintenance people since the small entry near my back door decided it wanted to be a rain forest. The snow has been melting and it sounded like I had a rainstorm going in my back room. The water seeped through the roof and light fixture as well as part of the kitchen ceiling. Oh, and when I walk in my kitchen, I hear the water squishing beneath the flooring. Such fun.

I'm done griping for the moment. I need something good to happen. Like getting a couple extra hundred bucks so I don't have to skimp on groceries or choose what freakin' bill to pay. Oh well. Eventually, right?

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone and I'll hopefully see you all next week!

2 comments:

The Owl Wood said...

Worst thing about being ill is when your mind is preoccupied with coping or shuts down altogether and you can't think or fantasise. A head full of soggy cotton wool. Horrible! Get wellerer (new word) soon!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry you were sick and couldn't even write. I remember those days of driving to the laundromat. That will save you a ton of time!