Thursday, July 5, 2012

Insecure Writer's Support Group...

I know it was yesterday. I had planned on posting the day before and failed epically. Then thought, "Oh, I'll post it up in time..."

Pfftt!

I got sick and spent the day sitting on the couch blowing my nose, drinking tea and orange juice and water. I feel slightly better, but very drained.

Anyway, what I wanted to post for my insecurities sort of ties into not posting on time.

Down time.

Everyone will have something come up and interfere with their blogging world. Something will always come up and prevent getting that post up in time. Or, like me, having no time for months on end.

I'm sure I've had angst about this before. Worried about gaining new followers only to have them leave because I can't put up content. I hate when all I can do is put up a post saying, "I'm still here! I'll be back, I promise!" Or lamenting about everything going on in my life, rather than what I'm working on.

Down time is going to happen, no matter what. Now that I have some time these days, I'm looking for content. I'm sort of in limbo as far as my first book release goes. I've got a tentative schedule ready for reviewers and the like for the launch/tour. I've been working on character drawings. I got one done! I'll share later.

So I want to say thanks for everyone who has stuck with me during my down times. I hope to keep posting content, no matter what it is. I'll do my best to make it entertaining.

And check back on Monday! I have a Review/Interview with Talli Roland and her book, 'Build A Man'!

So how do you deal with downtime?

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'll stick with you Mel!

Mel Chesley said...

Ditto Alex!

Unknown said...

With you all the way, Mel :) Looking forward to your interview on Monday :)

Jessica Salyer said...

We're all really busy. I think everyone understands. I feel bad because I have to start putting my writing first and blogging a little less.