Thursday, August 16, 2012

In Hiding...

I love my book cover! Woot!
Okay, so I'm not literally in hiding. I'm just being very reclusive these days. I spent a week sick with some bug that gave me a horrible headache and nausea to no end. Didn't feel like doing a blessed thing. I did the paper route a couple days and spent the rest of the time on the couch or on the computer just goofing off more than anything.

Good thing I had several posts scheduled in advance! Phew.

I have a world building series going on every Wednesday. I know, 'Thanks Captain Obvious!'

Well, you are welcome, random citizen.

I got word from the editor working on my book. I should have something this week, possibly next depending on how much hair she yanks from her scalp going over every sentence.

But it looks like I will have a book released soon!! I've been sitting on pins and needles for the longest time and you know, they really hurt.

I do have a couple other posts coming up for the world building, but also a couple more guest posts. One of my best friends from high school, Lynn, is beginning work on writing her first book. Based in my world. Sort of like the Dragon Lance or Forgotten Realms books. Oh yeah, baby!

Awesome!!!

Here is the link to her blog. Show some love and follow her please, it'll make her all nervous to have an audience. *Grins wickedly* Don't make me be the only follower!!!

Just kidding. She knows I kid. I'm a kidder...

I'm looking for guest posters, drop me a line, read the policies and such. I'd love to have you on my blog. September is going to get busy as is October, so get to me soon!

I suppose I should go write something while I wait for these edits, huh? All right, fine. Have a great weekend everyone! And look for tomorrows Friday Favorites post!

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like the cover, Mel!

Mel Chesley said...

Thanks Alex! I think it is rather spiffy myself. ;)

Marny said...

What a gorgeous cover! Any idea on a release date yet? And a weird question: should I include your book in my bibliography of sf/f written by LDS authors? I heard about your book from Cheri Chesley, and I have included hers. Thanks!

Mel Chesley said...

Hi Marny! Thanks for dropping by. Release date looks to be about September first, keeping fingers and toes crossed for that. But we'll see. As for the list of LDS authors, no ma'am, I'm not LDS. :D

Marny said...

Thanks again. Good luck!