Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Favorites, Fantasy Art & A Funny...

Another Friday in the new year. Already into February, too. Wow!

Well, before we get started, my book is on this list on Goodreads: Best Strong Female Fantasy. If you've read it, please vote for it! I'd appreciate it. Last I checked, it was on page 6, but who knows by now.

Now since that is out of the way, let's get started.

So I know lots of you enjoy humor, so Jon Zech is my favorite this week. Now, just to remind you, I haven't read a lot of these new to me authors, but Jon and I are buddies on Facebook through Word Weavers. I'm all for giving a shout out to my pals. So if any of you get this book and read it, please leave a review. This is currently in my TBR pile: "Buck and Tangee: Things That Happened".

Seriously, just the blurb alone is enough to make me want to dive right in, but honestly, I have a couple books in my queue I'm trying to fly through for reviews. So go check it out. If you get a good laugh out of something in the book, then it's worth it, right? Right!

Okay on to the rest. Fantasy Art. OMG I love this picture. My husband loves turtles, so I grabbed this for wallpaper:


I have two funnies for you today, just because. Can't help it. I love LoLCats!



And this one is just because I laughed by butt off after seeing it:






Hope you didn't soil your armor! Have a great weekend everyone.


6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That last one made me laugh!
Very cool about being on the Goodreads list. Off to vote.

Mark Means said...

That turtle wallpaper is very cool! Have a great weekend :)

Al Diaz said...

congratulations on the Goodreads! And the pictures are funny. I like the one of the turtle too. :)

Al Diaz said...

congratulations on the Goodreads! And the pictures are funny. I like the one of the turtle too. :)

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I wish I had someone to play D&D with down here. I kind of miss it. But I don't want to be a Dungeon Master. That's too much work. I want to just show up with my character and have someone else do all that stuff.

Mel Chesley said...

@ Alex ~ Lol, that should read, "Laughed my butt off", but yes, I laughed out loud at that one for sure.

@ Mark ~ I really like that wallpaper too! Have a good weekend as well!

@ Al ~ Thanks, Al. Glad you enjoyed the pics.

@ Michael ~ I hear ya, I want to play D & D again but don't want to dive in as DM right away. I'll take my turn, but it isn't how I want to start. :D