Monday, September 9, 2013

I Forgot...

Whoops! It's Monday, isn't it. And here I am, supposed to be getting back into the swing of things.

Oh well.

So we're doing well. Recuperating nicely. I've been helping out with weeding and making the driveway look nice where we're staying. We also have helped clean out the garage a bit and get things either to the dump or to Goodwill. We have a truck and strong backs. We'll do whatever we have to to help out.

It's been fun. We went to a Highland games on Saturday and I about drooled over everything. I think my eyes were popping out of my head even more. We had gone grocery shopping a couple days prior and hubby and I are still on sticker shock. Sheesh.

Sunday was spent cleaning, weeding and then relaxing on the front porch. Oh, and Saturday we grilled portobello mushrooms. I had mine on a bun like a burger. Yum!

So it's been nice. Both hubby and I have started applying for jobs. His first day out, he got a maybe. Not bad. I've got applications out and will be putting out more in the morning. Slow going, baby steps, but we're also spending some time learning the area. Fun fun!

How was your weekend?

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Are groceries higher there? I would think they would be cheaper than Alaska.

Mel Chesley said...

I should say reverse sticker shock, Alex. The prices are soooo much cheaper here than in Alaska. So yes, you're correct.

Unknown said...

Good luck, Mel! Sounds like you've got a fair bit of work ahead of you, but it'll all be worth it once you've settled in :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Murees Dupè said...

Your portobello burger sounds delicious. It is great that you guys are starting to find your feet. Good-luck to you and your hubby on finding new jobs.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hey, Mel,

Good luck with settling in ... I know you'll both have jobs soon ... keep positive.