Saturday, April 12, 2014

K Is For Kettle Hat...

Whoops! Sorry so late, folks. It's been one of those weeks. But this isn't a time for complaining, it's the A- Z!

Kettle Hat
Kettle hat -  light weight, open-faced helmet, having a conical crown and wide brim.

Katar 
Katar - is a type of push dagger from South Asia. The weapon is characterized by its H-shaped horizontal hand grip which results in the blade sitting above the user's knuckles. Unique to South Asia, it is the most famous and characteristic of Indian daggers. Ceremonial katar were also used in worship.

Katana
Katana - Historically, katana were one of the traditionally made Japanese swords that were used in feudal Japan, also commonly referred to as a "samurai sword". The katana is characterized by its distinctive appearance: a curved, slender, single-edged blade with a circular or squared guard and long grip to accommodate two hands.

So there are your weapons and armor for the day. Personally, I like the Katar. I love the Katana as well, but in my writing, I have an assassin who would use a katar. Wicked. Happy blogging!



4 comments:

kjmckendry said...

All of those are cool, but I think I'm partial to the Katana.

Anonymous said...

Enjoying your posts, Melissa. Katar is one of my favourites. A pair of katars feature pointedly in a short story that is part of my Gossamer Steel world... not used by an assassin but a Dravidian (South Indian) airship captain, Devaki - as in my D: http://rolandclarke.com/2014/04/04/d-is-for-duskweald/

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I own several Katanas.

Mel Chesley said...

@ kmckendry & Alex ~ I used to have a katana or two. I liked them.

@ Roland ~ I read that post, Roland. That's awesome! I really do like those Katars. They seem like very useful weapons.