Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Many Stops & Starts...

 Well, the last post I listed was back in 2019. We can all safely say that 2020 was not kind, and 2021 was about the same.

I have had many things happen over the course of the year +, as I'm sure you all did as well.

My writing has been on hiatus.

I got Covid and survived.

I became my mother's caregiver.

I've battled severe depression.

I've struggled with anxiety.

And now I feel as if I have come back full circle to try and revive my blog and my writing.

Several things have changed in the blog format: I removed the BlogLovin' link, because I don't even know what's going to happen. I've kept the author links to the ISWG Guide to Publishing & Beyond as well as updated all of the Ladies & Gentlemen of Horror and Fantasy links I could.

You'll see a Remembrance Anthology for Jenna Miller, who passed a few years ago. Not going to lie, that's one of the biggest reasons I feel my writing has lapsed. She was a friend and mentor to me. I still feel her loss deeply.

I have the opportunity to teach a basic writing class, which is why I have begun thinking, once again, about my writing and where I want to go with it. I miss it greatly. I mean, miss it like a part of me has died, miss it. So if you're still out there, if you're still interested in what is going on in my world, writing or otherwise, I'm here. I'm trying to come back.

I have a new Twitter account: @MelMcC7. I'm still on Facebook, but have no page to list. I figure I'll take this one step at a time and see what happens.

Missed all y'all. See you soon.




2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Mel! Good to hear from you. Sorry it's been a rough two years. Glad you are reaching out again.

Mel Chesley said...

Alex! You're amazing. Missed you most of all. Thanks for commenting, I'm looking forward to stretching my writing and blogging muscles!