Monday, November 8, 2021

Motivation Monday...

 Hopefully, today's post will motivate you.

Recently, I had a few things happen and it's helped me focus on things more and try to keep a positive spin on it all. It's so easy to drop into the negative state of things and wallow in self pity, but that isn't productive or healthy.

I have come a long way in my writing and in my marketing of it all, and yet I still have more to learn. We all do. We don't stop learning, we keep hewing away at the imperfections of our craft to make it smooth and perfect.

I'm not the most successful of authors. Would I like to be? Yes. However, I'm damn proud of what I have accomplished in my career. I'm moving forward, I'm branching out. I honestly do not spend all my time promoting others like I used to. And that's okay.

I found myself getting burned out promoting my work as well as others. I felt as if the reciprocation was non-existent. Who knows? I don't mind supporting my fellow authors.

These days, my approach to things is much different, possibly even selfish. I don't think I will do so much promoting of others work unless I know for sure they'll help me out as well. But I am just happy getting my stuff out there and even one or two sales will make me feel good. As far as being a success goes, I consider myself lucky if I've connected with just one reader.

Leave me a comment! Are you proud of what you've accomplished in the writing world?

1 comment:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Considering I was only going to write one book, yes! Proud and stunned.