Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Insecure Writer's Support Group...

 Wow, the first Wednesday of December! 2022 is almost gone. And what a year it is/was!


Today's post is for the Insecure Writer's Support Group, or IWSG as we lovingly call it! Thanks to our Ninja Captain, Alex J Cavanaugh, who started this and it has exploded into something reliable, respectable and credible.

This month's question is:

It's holiday time! Are the holidays a time to catch up or fall behind on your writer goals?

For me, it depends. It used to be a time for me to fall behind on writing when I had a lot of family around. My kids and such. However, it's become a time for me to catch up since kids are out of the house, holidays are spent with family, but seems like after a few hours of good food, good fun and all that, we're back home and just doing whatever.

As I'm getting older and have an elderly parent in a care facility, I'm going to be spending time with them as often as possible. I've moved over Thanksgiving, but still spent time with family. I (hopefully) will be starting a new job. So that will limit me more than the holidays will, but I've managed it before, I can manage it again.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and hope you have more happy holidays ahead of you.

Don't forget to go visit the others on this blog hop!




3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hopefully this year is a good writing season for you.

Mel Chesley said...

Thanks Alex! So far so good!

R H Snow said...

Thank you so much for loving your Parent so much, and caring for them! It can be a hard and lonely road - but it is one I would never trade for the easy path. I got to walk my Mother through the Valley of the Shadow, and now I know the way...

Keep Writing, Mel! I love your Blog!