Monday, August 30, 2021

Motivation Monday...

 We, as writers, are inspired by a lot of things, motivated by more. What are things that motivate you to write? Are you pushing a deadline? Are you competing with a writer friend/rival?

One of the things that motivates me is my muse. I can go for a long time without writing, obviously, but even when I am writing, I roll things around in my head. I like to have most of it planned out in my brain before putting it to paper or computer file.

But when I'm inspired to write, what really motivates me is wanting to get my story out into the hands of just one person. One person who will get it, like it or love it. Just one person to connect with my character.

I may write fiction, but there's a lot going on in this world these days. If someone can connect and relate with any of my characters and help them somehow, in some way, then I feel that is an accomplishment.

I no longer want my stories to sit in a dark corner, untouched and unread, anymore. I want them out there for people to enjoy. I've had a difficult time over the last decade, trying to figure out where my niche was, where I fit in and please, PLEASE, let me make some good money off my books. But now, I realize that isn't important anymore.

So readers. That is what motivates me. Getting my books out there and letting people read and connect with my characters.

Drop a comment below and tell me what motivates you! I would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Lori said...

You're so right! What is the point of having all of these stories in my head? What am I protecting them from? Time to get them out there!


Good luck!