Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Bucket List...

 I've been seriously thinking lately about a bucket list. I guess I've hit that age, but to be honest, I've been putting things on my list for some time now. I suppose, as we age, it tends to become more and more important, because, let's face it, we're not going to reverse the aging process, nor are we going to live forever.

I do not want to be immortal. Immortalized, yes. But I don't want to live forever and watch family and friends come and go.

A lot of authors will have a bucket list for their writing. Things like, publish first book. Check. Become a best-seller. Check. Do book signings. Check.

You get the idea. Sometimes, I feel, your personal bucket list would help you with your other types of bucket lists.

For example, my personal life list includes the following:

Visiting Lake MacDonald in Montana. The one with the clear blue glacier water and all the stunning rainbow pebbles. This would help me in my writing, just by trying to detail this impressive are by using all my senses.

Visiting each state and their tourist landmarks. First of all, I could get a pretty good idea of community in each state. Seeing the sights would help in writing about different places. And who doesn't want to see the world's largest ball of string?

Shark cage. Yes, I said it. Shark cage. Oh. My. Goodness. If I am brave enough to get my happy backside into a shark cage, I am brave enough to do anything! What and experience that would be! I'd be at  my book signing telling everyone how I went into a shark cage. And I want to boop the nose of the closest shark!

Researching other counties and cultures can be fun, but it would be even better to sit and talk to native people about their customs and their folklore. Hmm... can I get a grant for that?

So far, that's about all I have. The traveling about would take up a lot of time, but I would do it and be happy. I have other things, like snorkeling, seeing the redwoods and such. But the ones I feel would help me navigate my writing bucket list are the ones you've just read.

So what would be on your author bucket list? Or even just your bucket list? Leave me a comment or find me on Twitter @MelMcC7

No comments: